Sunday, October 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Camille

My little baby sister is turning 21 today. How can this be? I still think Camille is 9 and going to come around the corner wearing a gap cotton track suit with two little pigtails right at her hair line while her long light golden hair lays straight in back. It's hard seeing her grow up but she is doing it so lovely.

Camille has a confidence about her that isn't boisterous or loud.  She's in fact more of a naturally laid back and shy person. But this confidence she has is so admirable because it's so absolute and constant. The girl has confidence to walk around with hair draping down to her butt. Beautiful long hair that she has had her whole life. "She's the girl with long hair and perfect skin" -someone from her high school. Right now she has half her hair dipped in a fantastic aqua color.  She is basically a real life mermaid. I see her at school sometimes and from far away I think 'man that girl is soooo cool with her rad clothes and hair' and then I realize it's my sister and I think she is even cooler.  Camille is 5'10" and homegirl had the confidence to wear heels. She is proud to strut her stuff and be tall and regal. Camille had the confidence to ask the boy of her dreams (Matty Healy) a famous, successful, handsome rocker for her first kiss. THAT IS TOTAL CONFIDENCE.

Camille is strong. She has had a 6 pack and the strongest arms since she was just a tiny girl. I'm 4 years older and she would always come and pick me up to show how strong she was, when we were little.

Camille is beautiful. Strikingly beautiful. We always tell her she looks like a Grecian Goddess and she doesn't like that complement for whatever reason. But it's true. She is so stunningly gorgeous that it kind of makes me hate her just a little bit. She has these amazing cheek bones and eyebrows to kill for.  She has beautiful wolf like eyes that turn from bright blue to a misty gray. She is a mermaid I tell  ya!

Camille is SMART. She took some sort of science class in high school and spent so many hours pining over and memorizing flash cards for this class. And still today she can tell you everything she learned.  I am impressed every time.

Camille is funny. She has become one of the funniest people I know.  One time in England we were at a gas station in the middle of no where fueling up after being on the bus for the better part of the day. Our group of friends got off the bus to stretch. We started goofing around and dancing. Camille broke out into this African dance she learned in a high school dance class.  She knew very well that a bus full of our peers, creepy Englishman, and our teachers were probably watching her, but she let that wild long hair of hers free and danced and danced until we were on the verge of dying from laughter.

Camille has a pure and loving heart and a strong testimony.  In England we would light prayer candles in the cathedrals we visited for our cousin Don.  One time in a cathedral, after Dons passing I was walking around trying to find Camille. I found her in the crypt in tears.  She said she didn't feel like she didn't need to light a candle anymore because Don was in heaven and knew Don was okay. It filled me with the spirit to watch my younger sisters testimony in the plan of eternal salvation grow.

I'm blessed to have Camille has my younger sister. I'm blessed to have been able to spend 4 months with her on an adventure of a life time. You're the best one of the best ones.





London






5 years ago walking hand in hand on a pier in california - Flash forward to earlier this year walking hand in hand in a garden in London. 


Camden Town


Top of the Eiffel Tower



Tube


Roman Baths


Jane Austen Museum 



My favorite picture of Camille ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment